And do we know about these marvelous facts about the renowned monument Eiffel Tower!
- Eiffel tower was constructed for Paris Exposition 1889, and the construction wasn’t meant to be permanent.
- In 1909 its demolishment was stopped as it was assumed to serve the purpose of the giant radio antenna.
- The cables of Eiffel tower’s lifts were cut during WWII so that Hitler has to climb the stairs if he wanted to go to the top.
- Due to temperature, the height of Eiffel tower varies by about 5.9 inches.
- 1665 steps make one reach to the top of Eiffel tower.
- 20000 bulbs enhance the glory of the monument
- The monument has about 30 replicas of it’s all around the world.
- Weight of 10 elephants is equal to the weight of paint required to paint Eiffel tower
- The constructor, Gustave Eiffel had an apartment at the top of the tower.
10 Gustave Eiffel is also the person behind designing Spain’s beauty- Statue of liberty!